Add this

Tuesday 19 September 2017

I have Kosmemophobia - My story...

Hello,

Currently whilst writing this, I am 43 years of age and although have never blogged before, feel now is the right time to start and perhaps tell my story.
The reason I feel compelled to do something like this now is unclear at this moment, but having spent my life living with this rather strange affliction I would like to share my previous experiences living with this odd, and what I now know is a phobia and try to blog on a regular basis obstacles I face from day to day..
So to all of you out there, which I guess is most of the general population Kosmemophobia is quite simply the fear of Jewellery.... Silly,perhaps. Ridiculous, yes. Life threatening, of course not. Though do believe me, this is very real, and quite awful to live with.

Up until 2 days ago, I had spent my life feeling that I was just being stupid and irrational, and that one day I may get over it. But as mentioned before i'm 43 now and I haven't and can't see it ever changing.

It was only because I was bored one night and after once again been accidentally touched by someones ring whilst giving them change at work and feeling horrid and dirty about it for hours afterwards decided to "Google" the term Fear of Jewellery, and saw that this was actually a real thing, and found a Facebook page and blogs where others were going through the same thing. Which in a twisted way made me feel better.

Thing is though, that unlike being scared of heights, snakes, spiders etc (the usual phobias) these common phobias are not things that people come across every day and can be avoided, whereas pretty much most people deem it necessary to wear some sort of jewellery, whether it be rings, necklaces, earrings, nose rings etc etc (its turning my stomach just writing these words down...) and have to face these horrid items on a daily basis. (In my case, it even stretches to other items, such as certain types of cutlery with patterns on the handles and even other peoples keys, amongst many other things..)

So in response to my own question to why i'm doing this, after writing these few paragraphs I guess its to reach out to others, not only those who have Kosmemophobia but others who feel they have some "weird", irrational fear and not feel stupid as I have for 43 years! and knowing after all these years there are others who feel this way about jewellery, I felt a sense of relief that i wasn't a weirdo, and hope for my blog to be somewhat cathartic...
I also would just like to put down in writing my more extreme experiences from the past, (some I guess maybe quite funny, others rather more sad...)

So, please feel free to follow me and my blog and if you feel you have Kosmemophobia or any other "strange", irrational phobia, be sure to contact me or leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you and your experiences.

Also check out this Facebook page I found related to the subject. https://www.facebook.com/jewerlyphobia/

https://cryptotabbrowser.com/13411695




6 comments:

  1. yes this has helped me so much thankyou please keep writing about this

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes this has helped me so much thankyou please keep writing about this

    ReplyDelete
  3. im 15 and have this too. One thing you didnt mention in here that bothers me is coins. I could throw up just writing that word... Do you have problems with them too ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this too!! For all my life I've been grossed out from jewelry and metal things in general, the worst thing was the tangling ones, chains and stuff... But I had never told this to anyone because I thought it was so stupid, but now at 21 years old I looked this up on internet and I feel so relieved knowing I'm not crazy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me hace sentir bien que otras personas sufran esto, hasta hace poco pensaba que era la Ășnica por que a todos mis amigos les parecĂ­a raro

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't eat food prepared by, or use dishes washed by someone with rings or bracelets on. even watches.

    ReplyDelete